HCG low calorie diet program (Phase 3) is the diet regime that demands administration of the HCG hormone by HCG injections, drops, pills etc, along with very low calorie diet for as long as the hormone is administered. In this article you will also find hcg protocol phase 3 weight control tips vital for Triumph HCG diet. This HCG low calorie program is followed in phases. The first phase is loading phase where the body is loaded with fat, sugar and anything possible. The second phase is the hormone-low calorie weight loss phase. Once the weight is lost the phase 3, Stabilization Phase, starts that is the most important of this HCG program.
During the Stabilization HCG phase 3 is the phase where the motto is weight maintenance. Care is given that the lost weight is not gained back. A little carelessness can cost more and fail the whole program. The HCG Phase 3 starts 72 hours after the last dose of the HCG hormone and continues for the next three weeks. Technically 72 hrs is three days but the time should not be taken as 3 days but exactly 72 hrs so that all traces of HCG is removed from the body. The three weeks’ time is given as a period for the body to be stable. During hcg diet maintenance phase 3, the body will take in that the starch and sugar are foreign bodies and might treat them such. The hypothalamus will reset itself. The weight that is to be maintained is the one that is measured on the last day of the HCG hormone administration. Read on to know more about –
- What to do in HCG Phase 3 of the diet plan?
- How to follow HCG Diet Phase 3
- Food in HCG Diet Phase 3 for Control
- HCG Diet Phase 3 Tips
- Weight Gain on HCG Phase 3
- Dr. Simeons HCG Diet Phase 3 Food List
- Food List To Avoid During Phase 3 – 25 Foods That Can Kill Your Weight Loss
- HCG Diet Phase 3 Breakfast Recipes, Lunch And Desserts
- HCG Diet Sample Menus For Phase 3 – Diet Meal Plan
What to do in HCG Phase 3 of the diet plan?
What is phase 3 of the hcg diet? I am sure many newbies would like to know how this works. During HCG phase 3 of the diet plan, the low calorie diet is continued but not as low as 500 calories per day but slightly higher as 1000-1200 per day. But the diet restrictions are still applied. The diet is still no fat, no starch and no sugar. The protein intake is increased and so is the allowed portion of the meals. The idea is to make the body slowly used to the current body weight. The weight maintenance is done by increasing the calorie since the HCG is not administered that provides the deficient energy from the stored fat. So the body will have to depend entirely on the diet.
During HCG phase 3, increases the calorie intake slowly so that the body can easily adjust. The digestive enzymes and the metabolism will be according to the diet and since the diet had been very limited for a few weeks it will take some time to be familiar with the increase in the consumption. Increase the quantity of vegetables and fruits in the diet. In HCG phase 3, there will be more options for veggies and fruits. Meat like beef, sausage, and bacon can be consumed in limited amounts. Care should be taken not to increase the meat portion as they are high in fat content. In case of more consumption, go for a minimum food for the next meal to compensate.
How to follow HCG Diet Phase 3
In the HCG Diet phase 3 whatever you follow, do not allow the weight to increase drastically. A pound or two up and down is allowed but that should be brought back to the desired measure. Follow a routine of strictly and well balanced diet and do some physical exercises also to maintain the weight.
- Check the weight daily after relieving yourself in the morning, keep a record so that you will know how much weight is increased or decreased or how long the same weight is being able to maintain without trouble. While in the HCG phase 3, keep a bathroom scale always handy even while going out of town.
- Decide how much calorie can be taken to maintain the weight and divide the meal portions accordingly. The calorie limit may vary from person to person. Some people are able to take more calories but still can maintain the weight but others are not so lucky.
- The important thing is to know about your body and knowing what it can take and how much. The idea is to make the body familiar with what to expect and what not to and what needs to be stored and what to discard.
- Divide the meals many times and take smaller meals many times a day. This will help burn the food faster and can be utilized then and there without storing. Whatever is eaten will be used for the energy requirements as it comes.
- In HCG phase 3 increasing the protein is the key. The body will not be able to store the protein molecules and will have to use it all the way down. It will make the body full.
- Have a clear idea about what food is allowed and what are to be careful with so that you don’t make any mistake.
Food in HCG Diet Phase 3 for Control
The stabilization HCG phase 3 adds to more food options. Consume alcoholic beverages in moderate quantity. A glass of wine with a meal is allowed. Check the ingredients in the salad dressings before using them and fat free dressings is better.
Meat consumption is now flexible in the HCG Phase 3 and try liver, beef and sausages. Fish was already allowed but in HCG diet phase 3 there are more options. Do not be greedy and try to curb the cravings. You can introduce duck, turkey etc also. Other sources of protein like dry fruits can be added more into the salad or much on during snack time. Soy and Tofu are also can be added in liberal amount. The door to the world of vegetable is opened wider but still certain vegetables that have high starch content are kept away. Vegetables like carrot, beans, green peas etc, are not to be taken during HCG phase 3. Fruits are also allowed more in number but careful not to have sweetie fruits too much. Opt for more fibrous fruits that have less sugar. As for dairy products, you can add milk to the tea or coffee, and if it is low fat it is better. Sugar free yogurt also can be used.
HCG Diet Phase 3 Tips
- The first and foremost thing to do with a low calorie diet is to cut the carbohydrates and increase the physical activities. The lesser you eat and more calories you burn is the way to maintain the body weight.
- Never skip your breakfast have adequate sleep at night. Do not skip any other meals also. A skipped meal can cause weight gain. While eating always eat at least a bite less and never make the tummy full. Eat slowly and never hurry. This will help consume less food and reduce the hunger also.
- To reduce the food consumption, have smaller meals more number of times. This will not only control overeating and also keep the appetite in control.
- Physical activity is a must but after that care should be given about what to eat after that. Cut down the salt as well as sugar. Increase the spices in the food that can help curb the hunger.
- Drink lot of water anytime possible. This will help eat less and flush out more toxins and keeps the skin healthy and hydrated.
Weight Gain on HCG Phase 3
It is normal that the weight fluctuates during the phase 3. What happens is that many people consider the weight checked on the last day of injection. This is wrong.
Let’s me explain. Say on the last day of your injection, you weigh around 120 lbs. This is the weight you are planning to maintain. But with the hcg sticking around in the body for another couple of days, you will lose weight, say, 118 lbs by Day 1 of the Phase 3. Now, many people take this weight into account. But you will gain up this weight right away, probably couple of pounds here and there, even if you do everything correctly. This is absolutely normal. Nevertheless, it instills a fear that you are “gaining weight” but that’s not exactly what happens.
My advice is while you might find it easy to stabilize the last day weight (weight on the last day of injection i.e. the first day of phase 3), try not to focus too much on that. Instead, try balancing the weight without any discouragement or fear or you will end up in lot of steak days. A couple of pounds up and down is easy to maintain.
Dr. Simeons HCG Diet Phase 3 Approved Food List
During Phase 2, you have been consuming very low calorie diet with quite restricted list of foods, vegetables etc. This is because you won’t lose weight with hcg if you are eating wrong foods. However, in Phase 3, things change, slightly. You have a lot more freedom.
What to eat on hcg diet phase 3? Here all you need to avoid is sugar and starchy foods. Dr. Simeons also warns against eating high sweet fruits. Then, what about potatoes that contains starch? Sadly, he is not much clear about the food list.
Don’t worry. We have got your back. Everything mentioned below is allowed on the hcg diet phase 3. We will also give you hcg phase 3 Sample Menus, Recipes and Desserts.
(We also have a different section dedicated to foods that you should AVOID during hcg phase 3).
- Bamboo shoots
- Bok Choy
- Brussels sprouts
- Sphagetti squash
- Bean sprouts
- Jalapeno peppers
- Sweet bell peppers (green, red or yellow)
- Snow peas
- Summer squash
- Red chilli pepper
- Green beans
- Coconut (unsweetened)
- Figs (one large) – careful since it contains too much sugar
Sugar is NOT allowed, so stick with plain or Greek yogurt that has zero carbs. You can go with stevia or fruit to spice up the flavor.
- Cottage cheese
- Cheese (hard and soft like American, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, brie, swiss, string cheese etc.)
- Eggs – boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, deviled
- Sugar-free Yogurt
- Alcoholic beverages (in minimal amounts)
- Dried soy beans
- Fruit juices (natural is the best that does not contain any added sugar or additives). Keep a mental note to check the sugar intake
- Mayonnaise (check for sugar content)
- Oils for cooking or baking
- Pure peanut butter, other nut butters must be sugar free
- Sugar-free dressings, mustards
- Taco salad without the tortilla content
- Vegetable dips – you can combine plain non-fat yogurt with ranch or onion seasoning mix
It is obvious that the hcg recipes menu has expanded to a good extend now. Bear in mind that you are still very much a part of the hcg diet. Scroll down for mouthwatering recipes.
Food List To Avoid During Phase 3 – 25 Foods That Can Kill Your Weight Loss
The 500 calorie diet was an excruciating process, but you completed it successfully. But it’s not over. The last thing you want is to gain back the weight you just lost. You need to follow the hcg diet’s phase 3 i.e. the stabilization phase quite seriously to make sure that your weight is maintained for your own good.
Dr. Simeons says the following in his Pounds and Inches book about the phase 3:
“All foods are allowed except starch and sugar in any form. Careful with very sweet fruit.
If no carbohydrated are eaten, fats can be consumed in somewhat more liberal manner….but as soon as fat and starch are combined things can to get out of hand.”
So, basically no starchy or sugary foods of any form. Does this mean that fruits and veggies are out of the picture? Nope, you can indulge in fruits and vegetables but keep a check on the too starchy and sugary foods. While you already have the approved foods list above, we will take a dig at certain foods that are risky to be consumed during the hcg diet. The result can be weight gain that can completely disrupt your hcg diet program.
Stay away from certain legumes for another 3 weeks. If you are eating meat or any other protein foods that come with high amount of fat, keep away from such beans and other foods mentioned on the list.
- Beans such as black, kidney, garbanzo, lentils, lima, pinto, white and fava.
Since vegetables such as potato, beans, corn, carrots etc. come with lot of starch, you need to be really careful when you enter hcg phase 3. Though you can consume them in moderate amounts, for health benefits, it is safe to avoid them.
- Artichoke (medium)
- Butternut squash
- Potato, one small
- Sweet potatoes
- Water chestnuts
Just like vegetables, fruits too contain sugar content and carbs that can prove risky when you are on hcg phase 3. Though Dr. Simeons did not tell you to completely eliminate it, you need to be vigilant about the amount you are consuming. For better reasons, avoid it completely.
- Banana (medium)
- Date (one)
- Raisins (1.5 oz)
HCG Diet Phase 3 Breakfast Recipes, Lunch And Desserts
Here are few of Phase 3 Recipes and Desserts that you can try it out.
- P3 Breakfast Pizza Quiche
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken
- Chocolate Waffles
- Pizza Soup
- Grilled Squash
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Apple Topia (Health Conscious Guru)
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Apple Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Flax Crackers
- Mexican Steak
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Shrimp & Rice
- Greek Yogurt
- Cheese Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Hcg Diet Sample Menus For Phase 3 – Diet Meal Plan
The hcg phase 3 is a bit scary since the participants are not really sure what exactly should they eat and what to avoid. So, we have made a Phase 3 hcg diet meal plan (sample menu) that will help them to get an overlook. Remember, during the first 3 weeks, you need to completely avoid starch and sugar. In the second 3 weeks, you can gradually introduce your body to sugar and starchy foods.
Hcg P3 Sample Menu For The First Three Weeks
Sample Menu 1
- Breakfast – Veggie Omelet With 2 Whole Eggs, Shredded Cheese, Tomatoes (sauteed), Mushrooms, Onions With 2 Pieces Of Turkey Bacon
- Snack – Apple With One Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- Lunch – Large Salad With Chicken Breast. Go With Your Choice Of Salad Dressing Such As Italian Or Ranch.
- Snack – Mixed Fruit Salad (avoid High Sweetened Fruits Such As Grapes Or Pineapples)
- Dinner – Roasted Turkey With Steamed Green Beans And Mashed Caulfilower (as An Alternative To Mashed Potatoes).
- Snack – Fresh Strawberries Dipped In Sugar-Free Greek Yogurt
Sample Menu 2
- Breakfast – 2 Eggs, Blueberries In Unsweetened Yogurt (that Is Less Than 10 Grams Of Carbs)
- Snack – Mixed Nuts (Start With Minimal As They Can Raise Calories)
- Lunch – Tuna Wrap – Prepare Tuna Salad As Normal. Then Wrap It Up In Lettuce. Serve It With A Small Side Salad With Dressing
- That Is Deemed Safe During The First 3 Weeks Of Hcg Phase 3.)
- Snack – 2 Nectarines
- Dinner – Stir-Fry Shrimp, Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Onions, Carrots, Snow Peas And Napa Cabbage That Are Sauteed With Soy Sauce
- Snack – Apple With One Tablespoon Of Peanut Butter
Hcg P3 Sample Menu For The Second Three Weeks
Sample Menu 1
- Breakfast – 2 Eggs, Banana
- Snack – Mixed Nuts
- Lunch – Lunch Wrap That Is Made With Low-Carb Tortilla, Sandwich Meat, Lettuce, Tomato. You Can Choose Your Dressing
- Snack – Cantaloupe Slices
- Dinner – Meatloaf With Steamed Green Beans And A Small Serving Of Mashed Potatoes
- Snack – Plain Greek Yogurt Mixed With Strawberries
Sample Menu 2
- Breakfast – Blueberry Nut Bread Made With Flour Substitute
- Snack – Apple With Peanut Butter
- Lunch – Tuna Salad That Can Be Served With Celery For Dipping
- Snack – Cottage Cheese With Berries
- Dinner – Barbequed Chicken That Can Be Served With Low Sugar Bbq Sauce, Corn. Go With Small Side Salad With Your Favorite Dressing As Well.
- Snack – Pork Rinds That Are Dipped In Melted Cheese Sauce
Originally posted 2015-01-31 00:00:04.