Biosource Labs HCG Complex with HCG Diet Formula
After you finish the phase 2 of the HCG diet with a strict 500 calorie per day intake, you will step into the 3rd phase called as maintenance phase. This phase is also called as stabilization phase where you have to maintain the weight loss intact. In this phase, your caloric intake will be around 1200-1500/day but it is still a big NO for starch and sugars.
- Beginning The Hcg Diet Maintenance
- Things To Do During Phase 3 Maintenance Phase
- Foods To Eat And Foods To Avoid – Hcg Diet Maintenance Phase Food List
- Hcg Diet Maintenance Phase Menu – Recipes and Desserts
- Tips For Successful Stabilization And Maintenance Phase On Hcg Diet
Whoa!!! That 500 calorie diet was a tough one and cheers to you for reaching so far. Acknowledge yourself for getting here that is a great accomplishment. Now you might have lost 10-15 or 20 pounds within a short time which is pretty amazing. Maybe you need take another round of hcg diet program, but you need not worry about that now. Compliment yourself on reaching this level and focus on each and every round you are currently in. It is time to jump in full throttle with phase 3 – maintenance phase.
Now that the low calorie diet is over, you can get support by starting that workout or any fitness program. This will help you to maintain the new lifestyle. Without a doubt, your perspective towards food and your body has changed a lot. You are now having much in control of binge eating. But the challenge is maintaining the body for a lifetime.
Note that during the next 3-6 weeks is going to be really strict because it will really stabilize your weight. This is what makes the HCG diet unique. The maintenance phase can be a real game changer because it is easy for you to gain weight easily if you splurge on foods incessantly.
While the maintenance phase (3 phase of the hcg diet) is much more flexible, one can get easily swayed from the diet. It is necessary to be vigilant in what you eat and pay strict control of your dietary style. Hence, before you start the phase 3 maintenance of the hcg diet,
- You need to remain within 2 pounds of your last hcg drops/injection weight (over or under)
- Utilize Google, the biggest search engine which has humungous resource. There are many websites, blogs from hcg dieters that have shared their ideas on how they have completed their phase 3 hcg diet.
- Ready yourself completely.
- Use a tracking sheet that will keep a record of your everyday weight, calories etc.
- Prepare the list of all the foods that you will be eating. While Column 1 fills up the allowed foods daily, column 2 includes cautionary foods and column 3 is dedicated to foods that must be completely avoided.
- When you are eating in a restaurant or at your friends’ home, make sure to keep the above list in handy for quick reference.
- Do not eat sugars or starchy foods that are rich in carbs minus the fiber.
NOTE – Unlike what people think, the maintenance phase does not start in 3 days after the last hcg shot/drops intake. It is 72 hours. For instance, if you have take the last hcg drops on Monday at 8am, begin the maintenance phase at Thursday, 8am.
Make sure to raise the calories by 1500 now. Since you are out of the hcg drops/shots now, DO NOT follow the VLCD (very low calorie diet of 500 calories). As the hcg is out of the system, you will feel weak and tired. The body will begin to shutdown mode as it is not burning any calories. This can disrupt the entire phase 2/3 and you will have to start all over again.
Voluntarily check your calories and keep your weight under constant check. Again I say, AVOID STARCH OR SUGAR FOODS. Read label to know more about ingredients when you are in maintenance phase. Many people eat like they are still on the hcg diet. Don’t do it and intake lot of healthy fats and dairy products to maintain the 1500 calorie intake. Drink water to keep yourself and skin breathing. Get good sleep.
Things To Do During Phase 3 Maintenance Phase – Healthy Tips
- Skip starchy and sugar products of any kind when you are on the maintenance phase.
- Since you are easily susceptible to gain weight be careful of what you are eating.
- Check the label to know the ingredients and do not eat without knowing what are the contents.
- Keep “to be avoided” foods handy while you are shopping or out partying.
- Begin intake of food gradually. Don’t clog your mouth with heavy calories. At starters, eat the same foods you have been consuming but then eat more of it. Then, add the phase 3 approved meats and veggies, fruits while keeping one eye on the weight.
- Drink more water than you did in phase 2.
- Include minimum of 2 apples and 1 whole grapefruit daily to raise the energy levels high.
- Break down your foods to 6 times a day that will increase your metabolic rate. 3 meals, 3 small phase 3 approved food snacks are the best option to maintain proportionate weight.
Foods To Eat And Foods To Avoid – HCG Diet Maintenance Phase Food List
Here is the hcg maintenance phase food list – the ones to eat and ones to avoid. A whole new dietary list awaits you on the hcg diet maintenance phase.
|FOODS TO EAT||FOODS TO AVOID|
|Fruits||Apricots, figs (one large but be careful for its sugar content), guava, kiwi, blackberries, cantaloupe, olives, peaches, papaya, pears, watermelon, limes, nectarines||Banana (medium size), cherries, grapes, mangoes, pomegranate, prune,s tangerines, date (one), raisins|
|Vegetables||Bok choy, eggplant, bean sprouts, kohlrabi, okra, pickles, pumpkin, red chilli pepper, scallions, brussels sprouts, bean sprouts, snow peas (pods), sphaghetti squash, turnips, zucchini, watercress||Carrots, corn, parsnips, potato (one small), yams, water chestnuts, artichoke (medium), beets, avocado, celeriac, peas, plantains, sweet potatoes|
|Meat||Elk, ground beef, lamp, liver, pork chops, beef jerky, beef roast, prosciutto, ham, hot dogs, lamb||—|
|Fish||Anchovy, catfish, eel, mackerel, oyster, salmon, sardines, clams, bass, tuna squid or calamari, trout||—|
|Dairy and Sugar||Butter, cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, string cheese, swiss, cheddar etc.), milk, omelette, eggs||Yogurt, ice cream, foods that contain sugar such as brown sugar, dextrose, corn syrup, fructose, galactose, honey, invert sugar, malt, lactose, maltose, maltodextrin, panocha, muscovado or barbados sugar, rice syrup. Granulated sugar, sucrose, turbinado sugar, treacle, free flowing brown sugar, demerara sugar etc.|
|Others||Moderate amounts of alcoholic beverages, mayonnaise (check label for sugar content), sugar-free dressings and mustards, taco salad, veggie dip, dried soy beans, fruit juices (with no sugar), oils for cooking, grilling or baking, pure peanut butter or any other nut butter (sugar-free), poultry foods such as turkey, duck, goose etc., tofu, soy, nuts of all type, Hummus (check the label)||Bread, pasta, macaroni, starch types – white flour, wheat flour, corn starch, any flour, breadsticks, hamburger, pita bread, pretzels. Basically any processed foods or baked goods such as cookies, brownies, muffin and so on.|
HCG Diet Maintenance Phase Menu – Recipes and Desserts
The transition from losing weight to maintaining the new weight in the hcg diet maintenance phase is quite crucial. Of course, there are many recipes that include pizza, desserts, salads and more that are not only nutritious but also keep in one with the weight. Note that it is a two step process.
- The first step – is for the first three weeks – no sugars except sugar content naturally available in fruits. No starchy foods.
- Second step – is for the concluding 3 weeks – gradually introduce starch and sugar products in the body.
Phase 3 Maintenance Recipes – For The First 3 Weeks
Greek Yogurt with Berries
- 3/4c. 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. Berries of your like (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries)
- 1 packet of powdered stevia
- 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
To make this recipe, keep berries, stevia, lemon juice in a small bowl. Refrigerate for an hour. This is to allow the berries to get more soft and juicy. Now mix the Greek yogurt to the berry mix. Stir it well and enjoy.
Light Feta Salad
- 2c Spring mix lettuce
- 1/2c. Sliced cucumber
- 1/4c. Diced red bell pepper
- 1/4c. Grape tomatoes
- 1/4c. Baby carrots
- 1/4c. Crumbles feta cheese
Place all the ingredients on the plate and top it with your favorite low sugar low carb dressing.
Turkey meatballs with green beans
- 16oz. Of Ground turkey
- 1/2c. Chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/2c. Of grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1/2c. Chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 1.4 tsp. Black pepper
- Raw green beans
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. For preparing this recipe mix all the ingredients together except for the green beans to a bowl. Mix all of them thoroughly. Roll the meat mix to balls around 1 inch thickness. Now place the meatballs on on a cookie sheet in a wire cooking rack. Keep in oven and let it cook for 20-25 minutes as per the meatballs thickness. Always cut them in half to see if they are done.
Now the green beans. Begin by removing the ends. Put them in a shallow pan with 1/2 inch of water on the bottom of the pan. Cover it with a lid and steam at medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or may be longer as per your taste. Serve it with meatballs and enjoy the luscious taste.
Phase 3 Maintenance Recipes – For The Next (Second) 3 Weeks
Spinach Mozzarella Pizza
- 1 large flat out flatbread wrap
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1c. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- Your favorite cheese – Parmesan, Mozzarella, Asiago
- Your favorite toppings – Bell Peppers, Back Olives, Sausage, Pepperoni, Tomatoes, Spinach, Cooked Tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 415 degrees. Add spices, tomato sauce in a small pot and low heat for 3-5 minutes. Place the flatbread on the cookie sheet. Brush both the sides with olive oil. Place the sheet in oven for 3 minutes. Flip over and place back side in the oven for another 3 minutes. Now, remove it. Spread the tomato sauce mixture on top. Add the desired toppings and top it with cheese. Place it back in the oven on the middle rack for around 12 minutes or till the cheese is melted. You may garnish it with more Italian seasoning for sprucing up the appearance. Slice it and serve warm.
Do not eat this during first three weeks of the maintenance phase.
Tropical Fruit salad
- 1 Kiwi
- 1/2c. Grapes
- 1/4c. Cubed pineapple
- 1/4c. Cubed honeydew melon
- 1/4c. Cubed watermelon
- 1 small Apple, Peeled and Diced
- 1 packet of powdered stevia
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
Take the above ingredients in a bowl and top it with lemon juice, stevia. Mix well and eat.
Since some of the fruits contain high amount of sugar content do not eat them during the first three weeks of maintenance phase.
- 1/2c. Corn
- 1/2c. Broccoli stems
- 8 oz. Fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2c. Cooked lima beans
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
Combine the canned tomatoes (undrained), broccoli and the spices to a small pan. Heat them on low/medium flame. Mix them well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the lima beans and corn. Mix it again and then cook for another minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Tips For Successful Stabilization And Maintenance Phase On HCG Diet
Many people get tripped off the stage when they enter the phase 3 of the hcg diet. This is because Dr. Simeons was not clear about the guidelines for hcg phase 3.
Tips for HCG phase 3 – Stabilization phase
- As said above (may be a zillion times), stay clear of sugar or starch.
- Keep a track record of your calorie intake. If you notice any weight gain eliminate any new food that you recently included before the weight gain.
- Don’t add all new foods at one go. Introduce a new food one at a time each week.
- Concentrate more on high fiber veggies and lean meats.
- Eat more of natural and organic foods. Avoid processed foods.
- Do not reduce the water intake. 8-10 glasses is a must.
- Always remember the 2 pound rule – at any point of time you notice that your weight increases by 2 pounds, skip breakfast and lunch that day. Instead eat a large steak or chicken breast with an apple or tomato.
Beginning The Maintenance Phase Of HCG Diet
Tips For HCG diet – Maintenance Phase 3
- Start adding sugar and starches in your diet but make sure to go slow in small amounts.
- Continue tracking food intake and the portion size as well. It will help you to identify any problem such as weight gain in the middle of the hcg diet.
- No sodas or any carbonated, alcoholic beverages since studies show that they do more harm for your health. Stick with water, coffee or tea that is sweetened with pure grade stevia. Fresh juice is always good but don’t go with artificially flavored juices or shakes.
- Avoid processed foods or junk foods and make sure to stick with organic and natural foods.
- Keep 2 pound rule weight in check even as a long term habit.
Originally posted 2016-08-05 03:16:09.