Biosource Labs HCG Complex – HCG weight loss program
HCG diets are a promising weight loss technique that has been doing the rounds since decades. The man behind this whole weight loss plan is Dr. Simeons and he has listed everything in details in his book named as “Pounds and Inches”. To add further, there are different versions of HCG diets and it is really confusing.
This article explains everything about hcg Phase 3 of the diet program
There is a lot to know about HCG diets before trying this diet plan. If you have already started HCG weight loss program and confused how to deal with the maintenance phase, then you have reached the right place. Here is everything that you need to get geared for a happy maintenance phase or stabilization phase.
If your mind is flooded with questions like those listed below. Then this article is exactly intended for you. All you have to do is click on your query and get the answers.
- What is HCG diet phase 3?
- Dr. Simeons hcg phase 3 protocol
- Diet plans for Phase 3 of HCG
- How to prevent weight gain in HCG phase 3?
- HCG Recipes for breakfast
- Hcg recipes for dinner
- Hcg recipes for lunch
- Desserts while on hcg phase 3
- Hcg phase 3 – a sample menu list for a day
- Hcg phase 3 vegetable list
- Hcg phase 3 fruits list
- Hcg phase 3 protein rich foods
- Hcg phase 3 foods to avoid
- Where to buy HCG diet foods?
- Beverages and sweeteners allowed in phase 3 of hcg
- Tips On hcg phase 3
What is HCG Diet Phase 3 Or Maintenance Phase Of HCG Diet?
After you finish the phase 2 of the HCG diet with a strict 500 calorie per day intake, you will step into the 3rd phase called as maintenance phase. This phase is also called as stabilization phase where you have to maintain the weight loss intact. In this phase, your caloric intake will be around 1200-1500/day but it is still a big NO for starch and sugars. You will discontinue taking the HCG hormone and live with the diet plan alone. No more drops and just plain dieting which is not as strict as that of phase 2 of the HCG diet plan. This phase 3 is very important because it mainly aims to maintain the lost weight and flush out the entire HCG hormone from the body. It is important to give a break of 21 days or 3 weeks (length of phase 3 HCG) to remove hcg traces from the body so that it doesn’t get adapted and stall further weight loss. If you follow the instructions of HCG diet 3 phase, there are chances that you may still lose more pounds. For those who wish to go for several HCG diet plans can go ahead for the same after this maintenance phase to lose further pounds.
Dr. Simeon HCG Phase 3 Protocol
Dr. Simeon is the man behind this remarkable weight loss remedy. He had actually designed a protocol for obesity patients around 50 years ago. This protocol was and is now widely called as the HCG diet plan. But the problem is there are over hundreds of sites claiming to be following the real protocol put forward by Dr. Simeon. Most of the sites are just scams and they follow their own diet plans which have included only certain portions of the original protocol.
According to Dr. Simeons protocol for Hcg phase 3,
- Once you finish the phase 2 it is advised to remain on the 500 calorie intake for further 3 more days. Along with that HCG drops usage should be discontinued. By doing so you are slowly allowing your body to adjust to the new changes and after those three days the caloric intake is increased to 1200-1500/ day.
- This phase is continued for 2 -3 weeks from the last day of 500 calorie diet. Now the real challenge starts as “what to eat and what not to eat”. It is said that introducing low fat dairy products, healthy fats and protein are very important in this maintenance phase. In the protocol he mentions to stay away from starches and sugars that might easily pave way to weight gain. Furthermore the protocol also asks to keep away from high carbs and stick to the phase 3 meal plans (discussed in the below sections) to adhere to the weight loss regimen. He clearly mentions in his protocol that it is not ideal to gain more than 2 pounds instead stick to the correct weight after your phase 2. This will actually help your body to take your current weight as the normal weight and work up the metabolic rate accordingly.
- Phase 3 is all about teaching your body what fat to burn and how. Sticking on the protein diet makes it easy to lose pounds as none of the fat is being piled up in the body. The protocol also mentions that weighing yourself every morning is a must to keep track of the weight loss. After you wake up weigh yourself same time after emptying your bladder and other bodily substances. You should not have more than 2 pounds than your previous day weight. If you have gained weight then stick on to a high protein diet and avoid carbs.
Diet Plans For Phase 3 Of HCG
It’s great that finally you have crossed the phase 2 and must have obtained tangible weight loss results. Kudos!!! You had a lot of self control and determination to complete the phase 2 successfully. But the marathon is not yet over and you will have to cross another major hurdle that seems to sound easy but it is not. Trust me, maintenance phase is where you are open to a wide variety of food stuffs and there are high chances that may get tempted to eat.
Remember once you lose weight you are going to shop your favorite dress, look pretty and look appealing to your love interest and many more such priorities will be on your list. In that case, it is a good choice to not get tempted and to stay away from high calories.
Remember three points when you plan a diet for the phase 3 of HCG.
- YES the diet is not strict and you have a lot of options to choose from. Choose wisely so that you don’t gain the lost weight.
- Be stricter with yourself especially on the phase 3 and live on a protein based diet.
- Drink loads of water and keep yourself busy so that you don’t get carried away with your hunger pangs.
Plan these three weeks in a systematic way and keep the metabolic rate of your body steady. In the HCG diet phase 2, you have reset your body’s metabolic rate with the help of HCG hormone. So don’t do anything that will bring down the metabolic rate and increase your body weight. You have to make a list of stuffs that includes
- Do’s and Don’ts in P3 OF HCG.
- Foods that you can eat
- Foods to avoid
- Tracking weight on a daily basis
- Setting reminders about your plans
- Shop and stock P3 allowed foods
- Count your calories
- And finally no cheating… be clear on that
How To Prevent Weight Gain In Phase 3 Of HCG
Weight gain happens instantly in this phase if you don’t keep a check on what you eat. Why would anyone want to let go all the hard work in to thin air after coming all this way. If you have gone through the phase 2 sincerely and have lost weight then stay put for a few more weeks. You are going to love the transition from a hefty body to a healthy body which is sleek and slim.
This phase is also important for those who are planning to undergo multiple HCG programs to lose more pounds. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind to prevent weight gain.
- Shop every single food stuff after carefully reading the labels. Check for their nutritional values especially the fat, starch and sugar content.
- Avoid eating from restaurants and other places. As far as possible stick to a home based diet as god knows what all ingredients do they add. You don’t want to load yourself with fats and sugars.
- Weigh your food and count your calories so that you don’t go off the limits.
- Be honest while checking your weight daily. If you have gained weight then try a steak day or something that will cut down the pounds.
- Be honest to yourself and indulging in cheating is like cheating yourself.
- Eat small meals numerous times staying within the calorie limit 1500 per day.
- Welcome protein foods and stick on to them tightly as they will help to lose more pounds.
- Try one new food item at a time and see how it affects your weight. But don’t experiment too much and get stressed.
- Your motto is only to lose weight and remember every food that you crave to eat can wait until your done losing weight. You can definitely eat in moderation some of your favorite foods after you reach a healthy weight.
- Follow your mind and eat what suits your body rather than following someone. (of course choose only the allowed foods)..
- Start going for brisk walks and small exercises. But make sure not to overdo and go at a slow pace. Heavy physical workouts may prove harmful for your body as you are under a low calorie diet and your body is slowly adapting to the changes that are being made.
Phase 3 HCG Recipe Options For Breakfast
- 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, ¼ cup almonds and coffee/ tea with cream.
- vegetable omelet, spicy cucumber salad and a protein shake
- chicken wrap with lettuce leaves and strawberry lemon soda sweetened with Stevia
- steak fajitas and a cup of fresh frozen strawberries
Phase 3 HCG Recipes Option For Lunch
- hardboiled egg, white taco fish wrap
- sliced lean turkey with blue cheese and olives
- sugar free full fat creamy dressed salads and roasted BBQ chicken
- oven roasted asparagus, roasted tomato slices and steak
- cucumber dill salad, one apple and baked fish of your choice
Phase 3 HCG Recipe Options For Dinner
- raw veggies, grilled steak with cauliflower, mashed potatoes with spices
- steamed asparagus with butter, fresh tomato salad dressed with herbs and almonds
- beef hamburger with mushrooms, and sugar free ketchup, cheese and onion slices roasted
- chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and onions, broccoli oven baked
- tilapia roasted and dressed with olives, bell pepper and guacamole, one fruit of your choice
Desserts While On Phase 3 Of HCG
Everyone would crave to have desserts especially when on HCG diets as it is the only option left. Here are some lip smacking desserts that you will want to have during your P3 of HCG.
- Thinly sliced apple (half)
- 3 Egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions: Combine egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Beat the mixture well and add apple slices. Now bake them in a cookie tray for 30 minutes at 240 degrees. Allow to cool and serve.
- One cup frozen strawberries
- Juice of One lemon
- Water is required
Directions: Blend all the above ingredients and enjoy the delicious dessert or keep it in the freezer to make it firm.
- ½ cup Grated carrot
- Stevia as required
- Low fat milk
- Sliced almonds
- Cardamom powder a pinch
Directions: Mix all the ingredients (except almonds) above and cook on a low flame until the water content dry off completely. Dress up with almonds and enjoy the dessert frozen or warm.
HCG Diet Phase 3 – A Sample Menu List
Below is a sample menu list with three options. You can mix and match between these options according to your taste and shopping lists. Write down the recipes and menus for the upcoming week and be ready. This will help a lot to avoid confusion and make things easier for you. Remember try one new food a day.
- Breakfast: 2 Eggs, Blueberries in Sugar Free Yogurt
- Snack: Mixed Fruit Salad (avoid really sweet fruits like bananas, melon, etc.)
- Lunch: Soup made with Beef Broth, Stew Beef, Broccoli, Onion, Celery, Carrots and Seasonings.
- Snack: Apple or celery with 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter
- Dinner: Shirataki noodles with chicken breasts thinly sliced seasoned with spices
- Snack: Unsweetened Applesauce with Cinnamon and Stevia
- Breakfast: Spinach Frittata-Scramble several eggs, add frozen spinach, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into an oven-safe dish. Top with finely shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until done.
- Snack: Regular Flavored Pork Rinds
- Lunch: Grilled Tuna Salad Wrap with a large lettuce leaf seasoned with spices
- Snack: Sugar-Free Jello with your favorite fruit inside
- Dinner: Steak served with Steamed Carrots and Broccoli topped shredded cheese
- Snack: Low-sugar, Low-carb chocolate protein wafer
- Breakfast: Almond flour pancake topped with blue berries
- Snacks: HCG allowed diet wafers
- Lunch: Black & Bleu Salad. Mix dark green lettuce, grill steak, blue cheese, and avocados
- Snack: Unsweetened Applesauce with Cinnamon and Stevia
- Dinner: Two meat lasanga with miracle noodles
- Snacks: 2 hard boiled eggs
HCG Phase 3 Vegetable List
There is a long list of veggies which you can consume during the maintenance phase of HCG diet. It is also a good choice to eat as many as raw veggies to replenish the body with essential nutrients and vitamins. Even though all veggies are allowed during the maintenance phase and be cautious with those which have high starch, sugar and carbs content. For example, beets are high in sugar content and potatoes are high in starch so consume them moderately.
Introduce new veggies every day and check the effect it has on your body. Here is an extensive list of vegetables that you can have during the stabilization phase of HCG.
- Beet Greens
- Bamboo shoots
- Brussel Sprouts
- Bitter gourd
- Raw Cabbage
- Raw Cauliflower
- Collard Greens
- Green Beans
- Raw Kale
- Romaine Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Raw White Onion
- Green Sweet Peppers
- Red Sweet Peppers
- Swiss chard
- All types of Tomato
- Turnips white
- Turnip Greens
- Winter gourd
HCG Phase 3 Fruits List
In the protocol put forward by Dr. Simeons, he clearly warns against using sweet fruits. Just like the phase 2 certain fruits are not allowed on the phase 3 of HCG because of the high sugar content and carbs. Some examples are bananas, grapes and mangoes as they are loaded with sugars.
Here is a list of fruits that you can choose from while planning your food list for the stabilization phase.
- Cranberries, fresh or dried
HCG Phase 3 Protein Rich Foods
Remember stabilization phase is all about losing more pounds and maintaining the already lost weight. Therefore a protein rich diet is a must and the best choice to go ahead with. Here is a list of every non-veg (fish, poultry and, meat) stuff that you choose for the hcg phase 3.
- Beef jerky
- Beef roast
- Breakfast sausage
- Ground beef
- Hot dogs
- Pork chops
- White taco fish
If you are vegan, then try adding protein from other sources like those listed below
- Hummus (prefer homemade or if planning to buy from stores then carefully check the ingredients list)
- Nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews)
- Curd cheese fresh (you can easily make this at home or buy fresh). They are an excellent source of protein for those people who do not prefer to eat non-vegetarian foods.
Where To Buy HCG Diet Foods?
I know being on an HCG diet is a really tough job. It is not easy as it sounds and it needs real patience and a lot of sacrifice. But I found that there are certain products available that makes the whole HCG diet program easy for people who have busy schedules. Most of us have office and other household chores that we literally don’t get time to shop for HCG diet foods and keep a list of foods stuffs. During HCG diets, Dr. Simeons has actually barred us from using creams and lotions that cause fat absorption into the body. Now that being said, there are lots of products that are allowed on the HCG diets and also many HCG diet safe products have been launched in the markets. Wondering from where to buy such products? Here is a site where you can get everything like hcg safe creams, lotions, seasoning mixes, protein shakes (those that can be instantly made) and other ready to cook dishes. Here is the link of that site (www.diyhcg.com) which has been helping a lot of HCG dieters to keep pace with their work and their HCG plans.
I have tried their chocolate wafers, protein smoothies which are really handy to carry along. Their protein smoothies are extra convenient as they come packed in small handy bottles. Just add some cold water and give a good shake…your protein smoothie is ready to be consumed. You must also try their shirataki noodle which is a great pick while on the maintenance phase. It can be cooked easily with your favorite veggies and meat choices. Also not to mention they have a wide range of sauces and spice mixes that you can buy to make your foods delicious.
The interesting fact is that they actually weigh every bit of food before packing and they very well know what is allowed and what is not. They give clear cut instructions how to use the food and when. You can choose a variety of products that can be used during the maintenance phase, VLCD phase and other phases of the HCG diet. So if you are really fed up going shopping, then sit right at your home and purchase everything that you need.
Beverages And Sweeteners Allowed In HCG Diet Phase 3
- Tea and coffee with fresh cream half and half or with low fat milk. You can also have them without milk and just plain if you like to have so.
- Soda is allowed during HCG phase 3 and you can use this while having lemon juice as a snack replacement.
- Saccharin and stevia as natural sweetening agents. While buying these sweeteners make sure that they are of zero calories and extracted from pure sources. If they have mentioned something as a blend then don’t buy that. Stevia should be pure and extracted from stevia plant alone without any additional ingredients. Some products listed as stevia contain sugars so make sure that you read carefully while buying. If you are not sure what to buy then you can try the sweet leaf brand for stevia packets. They are zero calories and extracted from pure stevia plant.
HCG Phase 3 Foods To Avoid
- Sugar loaded fruits and veggies – certain fruits and veggies that belong to the cautionary list should be consumed moderately. This is because they help the body gain the lost weight quickly.
- High fat meats and other high fat foods should be avoided.
- High calorie foods
- Junk foods labeled as HCG diet foods
- Starch rich foods
- Cereals rich in high carbs
- Chocolates and confectionaries
General Tips On HCG Phase 3 Or Stabilization Phase
If you have gone through a HCG diet program successfully you probably wouldn’t need any tip as you would be self sufficient. These tips are for those who have completed their phase 2 successfully with a happy weight loss. It is very important to maintain the weight loss and careful consideration should be taken during the phase 3 or maintenance phase. It is all about teaching your body to adapt slowly to the changes and to reintroduce foods one at a time. Below are some tips that might prove to be useful while following the phase 3 of HCG.
- Say no to starches and sugars even if you feel tempted. Stay away and steer clear as they contribute in weight gain in a rapid phase. Only consume those foods that are allowed in the HCG list.
- Purchase HCG diet food only from reliable sources and read all the labels to check the ingredients list.
- Avoid all the foods that belong to the cautionary list as they contribute to weight gain.
- Try one new food at a time so that you can understand how your body reacts and affects your body weight.
- Correctly weigh your foods before eating and do go off the caloric limits. You are allowed to take only around 1200 to 1500 calories a day.
- After the phase 2 your body is sensitive so add foods slowly and steadily. Don’t overdo in a single day and confuse your body.
- Add lots of raw veggies in the form of salads as they help the body to replenish all the lost nutrients and add more fiber content.
- Go protein and stay protein to lose more pounds. Try protein shakes for a change and for those who want it sweet can add zero calorie stevia packets. While using stevia make sure to buy pure stevia extracts from stevia plant and not a blend of other ingredients.
- Drink more water than you were drinking on the phase 2 of the HCG diet.
- Consume snacks and eat small meals frequently so that your metabolic rate stays steady and your body doesn’t pile up fats.
- You can go for brisk walks without taking any effort.
Conclusion: HCG diets are simple yet complex. They are simple to hear but complex when you actually go through it. But one thing that we must admit is that it really helps to lose weight if all the instructions are followed properly and piously. Once you have made through the HCG phase 2 then you have gone half a way and you are just near to your destination. Maintenance phase is somewhat easier and there are chances that you might gain weight if a strict diet is not maintained.
Maintenance phase is important because it determines how your body will react to new foods and how you are going to manage the weight loss. Also this phase is important for people going for multiple HCG programs. So remember the key to keep going on this phase is “keeping weight loss as a priority over other temptations”. After all who wouldn’t like to have a sleek and fit body to flaunt?
Originally posted 2016-08-06 03:45:37.