[ads “ad1” post_id=268]
After the HCG Loading Phase 2 or 3 Days, your strict HCG diet plan Phase 2 begins. Remember all the fun ends with the binge days and now get serious to follow the strict HCG Phase 2 Protocol. HCG Phase 2 is most commonly known as the very low-calorie diet (VLCD) which usually lasts for a period of 3-6 weeks. In this phase, the dieter consumes 500 or so calories a day from the HCG Phase 2 food list and in specific portions only.
HCG Phase 2 Protocol
HCG Phase 2 is the actual weight loss phase of the HCG diet where the hormones begin to work. Also, you follow the strict Phase 2 HCG diet plan for rapid weight loss to occur. Here you should weight yourself daily after rising and record. This is the most challenging of all HCG Diet Phases which begins on day three. You are supposed to stay on it for at least 21 days (3 weeks). Some diet plan maximizes the upper limit to somewhere between 38 and 41 days in total.
Today there are hundreds of variations to the Original HCG Diet Protocol & Menu by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. Dr. Simeons original HCG diet manuscript, “Pounds and Inches” includes the original 500 calorie Foods List (VLCD) which is perfect. But many people think 500 calories a day is too low, so have come up with HCG Phase 2 800 Calories or 1200 calories diet plans too.
HCG Phase 2 Guidelines
In this phase, you should record your weight daily and track progress. Take the HCG injection or HCG drops or HCG pellets in the morning. Follow a specific diet plan which includes 500 calories per day. It is thought that during this phase the HCG will help to mobilize fat and give the body a lot of extra calories to use. The HCG burns the abnormal fat deposits and releases energy into your bloodstream that can range from 1500 to 3000 calories. Hence, many dieters don’t feel hungry while on the strict diet.
HCG Phase 2 Diet Plan
You continue the VLCD (very-low-calorie diet) while taking the dose of HCG until the recommended dosage days. Remember the first 5-10 days of Phase 2 are the most powerful wherein you lose 1-2 pounds a day. Then usually weight loss reduces to like 0.5 pounds per day or so which is absolutely normal. The HCG weight loss program is an excellent way to shed those stubborn fat deposits.
[ads “ad5” post_id=7003]
- Breakfast: Coffee or tea
- Lunch: 1 protein (100 grams), 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 grissini or melba toast
- Dinner: Same as above
HCG Phase 2 How Many Days
HCG Phase 2 Length from the original Dr. Simeons manuscript says HCG diet for a minimum of 3 weeks (21 days) and minimum 23 and maximum 40 HCG injections. But what if you have more weight to lose, continue until 6 weeks and still more take a break and another round of 3-6 weeks. Let me explain using an example below –
- 23 injections = 2 days of loading phase with injections + 21 days of 500 calorie VLCD with injections + 2 days of 500 calorie diet without HCG at the end (HCG stabilization phase).
- 40 injections = 2 days of loading with injections + 38 days of 500 calorie VLCD with injections + 6 days of 500 calorie diet without HCG at the end (HCG stabilization phase).
HCG Phase 2 And Exercise
During Phase 2 you don’t have enough daily calories for any kind of exercise other than performing your daily job and routine activities. Exercising during Phase 2 can negatively affect your metabolism, making it more difficult for your body to burn abnormal fat. When you are exercising, your muscles will start breaking down because your body will turn to them as a source of energy instead of fat deposits due to lack of calories. However, exercises are not prohibited but do them with great care during the strict HCG diet Phase 2. Some sample exercises you can perform during phase 2 are low Intensity walking, bicycling, yoga, swimming and lawn mowing. However, remain cautious if you feel like overtraining cut it short or nil.
HCG Phase 2 Approved Foods
Follow the HCG diet religiously eating only the approved foods from the below list. Also, your HCG Phase 2 Grocery List should include only these items.
Have tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk is allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or all natural Stevia is great to use.
[ads “ad3” post_id=7515]
- 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. Remove all visible fat carefully before cooking, and the weigh raw meat only. Boil or grill the meat without adding extra fat. Do not include salmon, eel, herring, dried or pickled fish as they are not approved foods. Remove chicken breast before cooking.
- Select any one type of vegetable in a reasonable portion from spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, or cabbage.
- One Grissini breadstick, wasa bread or one Melba toast
- An apple, orange, handful or 6-9 strawberries, or 1/2 grapefruit
Select from the same four choices as mentioned in lunch. But do not eat the same meat for both meals.
HCG Phase 2 Drinks and Seasonings
Dr. Simeons original HCG diet protocol permits some Drinks and Seasonings as under –
- One lemon juice daily is allowed for all purposes.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, and other spices (without any sugar or starches), may be used for seasoning. No oil, butter or dressing allowed.
- Only drinks allowed are tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water (minimum 2-3 liters of water per day is recommended). Take in any quantity and at all times.
- Eating a fruit or the breadstick between meals instead of in lunch or dinner is permitted. But not more than four items from the approved list for lunch and dinner be eaten at one meal.
- No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder should be used. Use oil-free cosmetics and skin care products.
- People on prescription medications should check with a doctor before starting with any medication or diet plans.
[ads “ad2” post_id=7003]
HCG Phase 2 Instructions
During the Phase 2 Diet Plan, there are certain things to consider
- Drink at least 3 liters of water per day.
- Coffee and tea for breakfast followed by two major meals for lunch and dinner for strict caloric intake of 500 calories/day
- Breaking up the two meals is allowed. For example, have a breadstick and an orange for breakfast or an apple before going to bed, provided they were excluded from the regular meals.
- Most condiments contain fat and sugar which are not allowed during the HCG Diet.
- No oils, butter, or dressings are allowed.
- Take potassium supplement (99 mg 3 times per day) to help with sleep, hunger and stave off cramps
- Also, consider taking magnesium or L-glutamine or B-12 to keep energy levels up.
HCG Phase 2 Alcohol
There are mixed views on consuming alcohol while on HCG diet plan phase 2. Some people recommend to completely avoiding alcohol while some people have found the HCG diet to be extremely successful while drinking alcoholic beverages occasionally and in moderate amount.
The basic reason to avoid alcohol is that it can just empty calories. Your daily caloric intake on phase 2 drastically reduces, so it is important to consume healthy foods only. Also, it can slow down weight loss and contain an overload of sugar, when consumed with soda or other mixers.
However, if you wish to drink, there are some options which will not ruin your diet. You can have an orange juice and vodka or try having a vodka and soda water with a squeeze of lemon. Remember to consume these occasionally and in moderation.
HCG Phase 2 Journal
Keeping a journal is the best way to keep a track of your weight loss progress. The three basic reasons to maintain a journal is to keep track of your daily weight, record what foods you eat and learn more about yourself.
Some things you should note down daily in your journal are your target weight, actual weight, what you eat and drink, HCG doses, plateaus if any, your feelings, side effects if any or anything you want during the phase 2 diet plans.
[ads “ad4” post_id=7515]
HCG Phase 2 Recipes
The sample HCG Phase 2 meal plan with chicken and tomato is –
Recipe 1 – Seasoned Grilled Chicken
This chicken recipe is great for the HCG diet as it is easy to prepare with a Foreman grill or gas grill or even bake
- 3.5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- ¼ tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. organic Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
First mix pepper, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, onion powder, Dijon, paprika and sea salt together in a small bowl. Then coat both sides of chicken breast no thicker than 1′ with seasoning. Then cook on a George Foreman grill for approximately 9 to 10 minutes. Cut chicken to ensure that it is cooked well and eat with fresh spinach and lemon or singularly.
Recipe 2 – Tomato Salsa
This recipe is a major convenience on the HCG diet plan as it is useful as a topping with proteins or as a vegetable condiment. Plus, it remains good under refrigeration for several days.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh pepper
[ads “ad1” post_id=7515]
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Then put them in a blender or food processor and your Tomato Salsa is ready to eat.
HCG Phase 2 is the most difficult phase of HCG diet plan but most weight loss happens here. Many dieters report an impressive figure to loss 1-2 pounds a day. Hence, be consistent and stubborn to successfully complete this phase and achieve desired weight loss results. Coming next is the HCG Phase 3 explained.
[ads “ad5” post_id=7003]