[ads “ad1” post_id=268]
Beginning The HCG Phase 2 Diet – HCG Protocol Phase 2
HCG Phase 2 is one of the most critical phases since it involves going through a very low calorie diet (VLCD) of 500 calories that needs to be honestly conducted if you want to achieve weight loss successfully.
The whole concept of HCG diet can be really understood if we break it down into different phases. Though Dr. Simeons have really not used phrases to explain how hcg works, as per general consensus differentiating between phrases really helps an hcg dieter to know all about hcg diet much more clearly.
The hcg diet can be biforcated into 4 different phases-
- Phase 1 – First phase of hcg diet is the cleansing phase. Though this is not part of the original Dr. Simeons protocol, suggestions of Kevin Trudeau has been really helping many hcg dieters to lose weight and you are welcome to give it a try.
- Phase 2 – Phase 2 of the hcg diet protocol can be divided is where the actual weight loss takes place. They are divided to three phases – Loading, Core and Taper. While the original hcg diet was programmed to work for 26 or 43 days nowadays many hcg brands expand it from 15 to 45 days. The first three days of phase 2 are known as the gorging days because you need to consume lot of high fat foods. This binge eating makes it easy during the initial week of the hcg diet. The core phase is where the 500 calorie diet kicks in. You need to consume the hcg diet drops/pellets/injections along with it. And the Taper phase is the last three days of phase 2 where you will be continuing the very low cal diet but will stop the consumption of hcg diet drops.
- Phase 3 – This is called the stabilization phase. The main reason is because these 21 days (i.e. 3 weeks) stabilizes the new weight. You will not be consuming the hcg drops/pellets and you can eat anything during this period except for starch or sugary foods.
- Phase 4 – The maintenance phase, your weight in proper balance now and there is no need of any dietary restrictions. You don’t need any hcg drops. And you will be maintaining the weight. After 21 days gap, you may start another round of the hcg drops diet.
[ads “ad5” post_id=7003]
HCG Phase 2 Food List – What Should You Eat And Foods To Avoid On Phase 2
Since we are talking about hcg phase 2, we give you a list of foods that can be consumed. We will start with the loading phase first.
Loading Phase Food List
As mentioned above, you need to really eat a lot till you feel you are going to throw up…!!! It is basically to prepare the body for the VLCD (very low calorie diet). You need to simultaneously start with your hcg injections or sublingual drops.
Do not try to limit yourself on food and you can eat anything you like. It is, in fact, mandatory that you stuff your mouth till you feel you will throw up. Such fattening foods play a crucial role in the diet. And if you want it to work correctly, you need to load it up. The more you eat, more you will lose during the VLCD.
NOTE that you need to concentrate more on the fatty substances than carbs. Of course, you can eat carbs if you really crave for it but you need to load more on the fatty products.
Here is the food list of both healthy and unhealthy foods. Choose what you want to eat but make sure to eat a lot.
- Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, literally on anything you eat
- Pecans, Walnuts, Macadamia nuts etc. that can boost the fat
- Sunflower, sesam, pumpkin seeds are great for the body
- Peanut butter
- All coconut – meat, milk, oil etc.
- Stuff oilive – both green and black with Tahini
- Dairy foods such as custards, cream0s, chocolate, cakes, cookies etc.
- Any types of cheese which is all creamy and fatty for the body
- Eggs, sausage, or bacon. Make sure to make big omelets with loads of cheeses and meat
- Pizza, Chocolate
- Mexican foods
- Any type of beverages – cola, beer, wine, liquor
- Fast foods – Bloomin Onions, Cheese Fries, Thickburgers, Order a Dagwood and don’t be sorry!!!
- Pastries with whipped cream, sugar, eggs and bacon, milk chocolate, bread with butter and jam, mayonnaise etc. as specified by Dr. Simeons
[ads “ad3” post_id=7515]
Do not forget to use the hcg product – be it drops/pellets/shots along with the loading phase.
The Core Phase – i.e. The Low Calorie Diet Phase
The very low calorie diet phase starts on the third day. You might be feeling that you can’t even take another bite of food. Choose the dosage and time of hcg diet as per the pounds you want to lose. For instance, people who need to lose more than 30 lbs go with the 40 days hcg diet. In the phase 2 hcg diet you not only need to follow the 500 calorie diet but also consume lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
How To Kickstart Your Hcg Diet Protocol Phase 2 Days
You can begin your morning with coffee or tea. Do not include sugar. However, Stevia or a sweet-n-low are good alternatives. If you are using sweet-n-low make sure not to use more than one pack as it may contain high amount of sugar alternatives. One tablespoon of milk can be used in your coffee but only 1 tbsp a day.
In lunch, you need to consume 100 grams of protein everyday. If you weigh your foods, make sure that they are raw and unfrozen to know the exact weight. Protein foods can be anything from shrimp, chicken, lean beef, crab, fish, lobster, veal etc. The less fat the better for you. When you choose a fish, make sure they are low on fat. For instance, catfish, salmon, eel, tuna etc. are high on fat. Tipila is the best choice since they are easy to shop. Make a mental note to remove all the fat before you cook.
For lunch 1 vegetable is allowed from the approved food list. For instance, one whole tomato, lettuce, spinach, cucumber, asparagus, cabbages etc. Almost all types of green veggies are allowed. Fruits include 1 apple, 1/2 a grape fruit or a handful of strawberries (around 6).
You can also go with one type of bread stick or melba toast in your lunch. Plain is always the best so make sure to check if the label does not have any cheese, seasonings etc.
Dinner is the same as lunch i.e. 100 grams of protein, 1 veggie and fruit and your choice of melba toast or bread stick.
Approved HCG Diet Phase 2 Foods – What To Eat On HCG Diet Phase 2
There are different variations to the approved hcg foods for phase 2. In the following table, I am mentioning the original VLCD diet approved foods by Dr. Simeons, Dr. Oz HCG diet food list and the Expanded version of the phase 2 food list.
<tdwidth=”25%”>Expanded new hcg diet food list
|Original protocol as per Dr. Simeons||Dr. Oz hcg diet food list|
|Beverages and Sweeteners||Tea, Coffee, TBS milk, Stevia, Saccharine||Stevia, Herbal tea (sugar free), sugarless gum, bottled water||Water, tea/coffee without sugar, mineral water, soda water, 2 diet soft drinks|
|Protein foods||Veal, chicken breast, lobster, crab, fresh white fish, beef, shrimp||White fish (no salmon), crab, shrimp, extra lean beef||Cod, halibut, lobster, shrimp, red snapper, flounder, crab meat, shrimp, tilapia, haddock, monk fish, sea brass, shark, skate, whiting, pomfret, parrot fish, pollack, chicken breast, tri-tip steak, cube steak, lean ground beef|
|Vegetables and fruits||Spinach, chicory, tomatoes, celery, onions, cabbage, asparagus, chard, fennel, green salad, 1 apple,1 orange, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 handful of strawberries||Any kind of green such as spinach, chard, cabbage, lettuce, beet greens, tomatoes, feneel, celery, asparagus, cucumber, apples, lemons, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries||Asparagus, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, cucumber, lettuce (all varieties), spinach, red radishes, tomato, apples, oranges, strawberries, pink grapefruit|
|Bread||1 melba toast or a breadstick||Melba toast||1 Grissini breadstick or melba toast|
[ads “ad2” post_id=7003]
Eggs on hcg phase 2 is one of the commonly asked questions. Though the answer is YES on phase 2, make sure that eggs must be the last resort if you cannot tolerate even a bit of poultry, meat or fish. Do not make eggs as part of every meal. Also since oil should be avoided make sure to use non-stick cooking pan to to scramble the eggs. You can even hard boil the egg and have it plain. Or simply crush them and toss it in your salad. Then you can scramble the egg whites and have them on the side.
Avoid The Following Foods During the Phase 2 HCG Diet
The following foods have not been approved in the HCG phase 2 foods diet. So make sure you completely avoid them for successful weight loss.
- No starch or veggies that have many sugar such as potato, carrots, peas, corn, beetroot, pumpkin etc.
- No substitute for fruits such as artificial juice or shakes
- No oils or high fat dressing
- Though carbonated drinks are allowed it can be avoided for health reasons
- No fast food or junks, duh!!!
- No alcoholic beverages
- Less beaf and more of fish without the fat
7 Foods To Cheating On Hcg Diet Phase 2 Successfully
HCG diet can be more challenging than thought especially since you have to live on the 500 calories of bland foods everyday. Such challenges can push a person to feel bored or simply stop the hcg diet midway. Few people start cheating on the hcg diet. In fact, dieters report they get so sick of chicken that they are on the verge of bursting out any moment now. Others just want to soothe their senses while achieving a shedding of pounds.
Thankfully, there are ways to cheat on the hcg diet and still lose weight. Inspite of Dr. Simeons rigid rules, it can be difficult for people. There are still some foods that people can eat and get away without being caught.
The right kind of foods can help you cheat and I am not talking about Big Mac and Coke or a 2000 calorie creamy cheesecake here. But there are some healthy options that can not only curb your cravings without jeorpardizing your hcg weight loss.
- Green beans – First on the cheat pick, if you get them right from the garden, then green beans are the best veg pick for you. Don’t add butter but you can add salt. Use sea salt than refined salt but in moderate amounts. Note that salt can cause water retention but then don’t blame it on the beans.
- Mixed veggies – Dr. Simeons never really approved of mixing vegetables. You need to pick a vegetable and that is what you will eat for the meal. However many hcg dieters have reported that they have lost their pounds without any trouble at all.
- Watermelon – a delicious fruit that makes it the perfect cheat on the hcg diet for its great level of water content and low sugar levels. In fact, there are few hcg diet clinics who recommend unlimited watermelon at any phase of the diet. While we don’t recommend daily consumption it can certainly add up as a dessert when you need that extra something to kick in.
- Whole wheat crackers – While Melba toast or bread stick is recommended on the diet, opting for a flavored wheat cracker might actually be good for you because of its fiber content. While opting for wheat crackers make sure to go with the same calorie and carb count of the melba toast/bread stick.
- American beef – the reason why it is not approved from the hcg diet is because it comes from the grain-fed cattle and has more calories and fat than European beef. Dieters have waved off such issues and claim that there is not much of a significance if you are choosing extra lean beef. In face even ground beef can help if it is lean.
- Body Lotion – It is not a food but then if you feel that your skin is suffering terribly then you can use that body moisturizer. Dr. Simeons believed that the fat and oil content can stall the hcg diet. Nevertheless there are users who do not feel any trouble when they use body lotion in hcg diet.
- Broths – Beef, chicken, chicken stock etc. contain small amount of sugar, oil, and fat. But there are only few calories to worry about. Plus the flavor can really make a difference in your taste budgs.
We do hope that these cheat hcg diet gives you an extra freedom to keep your mood levels at peace while on the hcg diet. Bear in mind that they are not on the HCG phase 2 foods approved list. Weight gain on the hcg diet phase 2 is a possibility but then moderation is the keyword here. If you stick to the restricted calories you can melt away those pounds while soothing your senses as well.
[ads “ad3” post_id=7003]
Hcg Diet Phase 2 Recipes & Desserts
Let’s be honest here!!! We don’t want bland foods during the hcg diet. There is nothing worse than munching on greens like a cow. Though we are eating only a few calories, we crave that the meal compliments both – the VLCD and the taste buds. Well, here are few of the recipes that will not only help you to excel your culinary skills but also help you to keep in sync with the VLCD. Not to mention maintain a happy mood. Did I mention they are also on the hcg diet food list for phase 2.
HCG Diet Phase 2 Recipes
Health Conscious Guru Diet Veal ParmesanYou will need
- 100g veal
- 8 ounces of the Tomato Italiano sauce by Simple Girl (contains hcg approved ingredients)
- 1/8 tsp fine salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 grissin breadstick
Begin by sprinkling the veal with salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes both the sides in a non-stick pan. Make sure not to overcook as it can make veal quite tough. Pour the Italiano sauce in a small pan. Warm it on a low flame stirring it regularly. Once the sauce warms pour it over the veal. Crush the grissini bread stick as a topping and serve it immediately.
This is approved on the VLCD hcg phase 2 recipes as it equals 1 vegetable, 1 serving of meal and 1 serving of carbs.
Health Conscious Guru Diet Apple Cider DressingYou will need
- 2/3c water
- 1/3 apple cider vinegar
- 1 packet of powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
Allowed in unlimited amounts during the hcg diet phase 2 recipes, here is how you can make this dressing. Mix water with ACV and add the stevia, salt and pepper. If you want a stronger and more vinegary taste, you can alter the ratio to 2/3 c of vinegar and 1/3c of water.
Health Conscious Guru Diet Creamy Cafe Coffee
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 5 drops of vanilla creme flavored stevia
- 5 drops of chocolate flavored stevia
Mix all the above ingredients together. Blend it together. Enjoy this hcg diet recipe during phase 2. This recipe is equivalent of your daily allowed 2% milk.
Official HCG Diet Drops has a range of weight loss products apart from HCG drops. The hcg drops are pure and Pharmaceutical Grade. For more information on the Product visit the website View All Products
ads “ad3” post_id=268]
HCG Phase 2 Desserts
The hcg phase 2 desserts recipes are simple to make and is not rocket science. They are already in the hcg approved list and fall on the shopping list so you can be sure you are not risking your weight loss.
Strawberry sorbet/pops – HCG diet phase 2 recipes
- 4-6 medium strawberries
- 3 cubes of ice
- powdered or flavored stevia for taste
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla or cocoa powder
- 2 tbspo of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
Blend all the ingredients till smooth. Pour them to a dish or a popsicle mold. Freeze till they are firm and have whenever you crave for a dessert. This makes one serving of one fruit.
Fruit with warm vanilla sauce
- Fruit of your choice
- 1 tbsp of vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of ACV
- Stevia for taste
Take a small saucepan and stir stevia, vanilla powder, lemon juice with vinegar. You can heat the saucepan on stove or a microwave. Pour them to a dipping bowl. Dip the fruit to the warm sauce and enjoy. Makes one serving (1 fruit).
Applesauce with cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- stevia powder for taste
Peel off the apple skin and puree it using a food processor. Now add the cinnamon, stevia for taste. Serve it chilled. The recipe serves one person and contains approved contents of hcg diet foods phase 2.
[ads “ad5” post_id=268]
Do’s & Dont’s On The HCG Diet Phase 2
Here are few of the do’s and dont’s that you need to follow when you are on the hcg diet. They are just simple tips that guide you to a better and successful hcg diet.
Do’s On The Hcg Diet
Tip No.1 – Check your ingredients
For starters, make sure that the personal care items are HCG diet friendly. Here is a few list of safe products that you might consider for your hcg diet.
- Body lotion – Baby oil, mineral oil or Tiffalina’s Oil-free lotion
- Lip moisturizer – baby oil, mineral oil or Tiffalina’s oil-free lip moisturizer
- Shampoo and Conditioner – choose herbal shampoo that are safe for the body or Tiffalina’s Oil-free shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash – Dove bar soap or any liquid soap
- Hand soap – Softsoap hand wash aquarium series
- Deodorant – Go with Crystal deodorant stick or Clean powder scent
- Toothpaste – few dieters mix small amount of baking soda with water as a homemade paste during the hcg diet. Alternatively you can choose products such as Ultrabright toothpaste or Tom’s of Maine toothpaste etc.
Tip No.2 – Keep yourself occupied
Indulge in an activity or hobby that will keep your mind off food during the diet.
Tip No.3 – Split up the meals
You are allowed to split the meal which will help with undesired hunger attacks. So you get 2 meals and 2 snacks in a day. Note that the hcg meat servings and hcg vegetable servings need to stick together during lunch and dinner. This means you are left with hcg fruit and carb servings that you can break as breakfast or snacks if you want to eat more than twice a day.
- 9.00 am – Apple and Grissini stick
- 12 pm – 100 grams of Chicken, 2 cups of Baby Spinach
- 3.00 pm – 6 strawberries and 2 Melba rounds
- 6.00 pm – 100 gms of steak and 1 cup of diced tomatoes
Tip No.4 – Opt for safe sweeteners on hcg diet
To control the sugar cravings Dr. Simeons recommends two alternatives to sugar which I am sure you are already aware of – stevia and saccharin. FYI, saccharin is an artificial made and is a carcinogen. This leaves all natural plant derived stevia that is safe for your body.
While you opt for stevia make sure to go with healthy brands that does not contain any artificial flavoring agents. For instance brands such as Stevia in the Raw, Z-sweet, Truvia etc. are not allowed when you are on hcg phase 2 diet as they include filler sweeteners. This means you are not getting pure stevia. Sweetleaf is a brand suggested by many hcg companies and dieters in blogs since they manufacture only high quality pure stevia. Any brand that contains ingredients ending in -ose, -tol or -dextrin is not pure.
Tip No.5 – Self-motivation
Keep yourself motivated. Jot it down, use a tracking app or do whatever you can to maintain a positive streak. Scaling your body measurements once a week is the best way to check the body changes.
- Upper arm
[ads “ad2” post_id=268]
Once you see visible difference you will be motivated to do more of the weight loss which will keep you going.
Tip No.6 – Spice up the diet
Many of the spices purchased from usually grocery are not approved because they contain artificial sugars, flavors and other ingredients. This makes it difficult to maintain weight. Simple and pure spices or all natural mixed spices works best on your body regardless of whether you are on the hcg diet or not. Just make sure that they do not contain any artificial ingredients. They might include stevia.
HCG Diet Spice List
Plain spices such as
Pre-made HCG spices
- HCG All purpose seasoning
- HCG BBQ seasoning
- HCG Chef’s hot pepper blend seasonings
- HCG safe sea salt
- HCG sweet and hot seasoning
- HCG steak seasoning
- HCG Bouilion seasonings
- HCG lemon herb seasoning
[ads “ad4” post_id=7003]
Tip No.7 Cuppa Coffee or Green tea
Kickstart your mood and your day with a hot cup of green tea or coffee – whatever works for you. Just make sure to add only 1 tbsp of milk on coffee and opt for natural stevia.
Tip No.8 – Use your meat correctly
Weigh the meat before cooking (3.5oz/100g). Bear in mind that they must be rawm unfrozen and the fat must be removed. Do NOT use buter, oil or any other form of fat for cooking (while grilling, boiling, baking). You can use non-stick cookware for best results.
Tip No.9 – Measure yourself daily
Weigh yourself every morning when you are on the Phase 2 diet as soon as you wake up. It is important that you weigh yourself to keep track of your progress.
Dont’s On The Hcg Diet
Tip No.1 – Stop counting the calories
Instead focus on the items on the phase 2 hcg diet. You will be getting 2 servings of meat (100 grams each), 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of carbs. This will cause less stress on the diet. For instance, many dieters count each and every calorie on the hcg diet ensuring that they stick to 500 calories. Stop doing it. You might end up eating too much trying to make up or add extra to reach the 500 calories as per the hcg diet.
Tip No.2 – Do not cheat
A flat out answer – don’t do it. It might play with your metabolism level or give you a slight weight gain leaving you to brood more. You have 21 consecutive days to reset the metabolism level with the hcg in your system. Resetting the metabolic level is crucial since it will help you in phase 3 of the hcg diet.
Tip No.3 – No beauty products that contain oil
You are not supposed to use any OTC lotions, moisturizers or creams because they contain oils that can delay the weight loss. Check the label before buying the product for its ingredients such as oils, butters, sugars etc. This also goes for shampoo, lip balm, lotion, handsoap etc.
Tip No.4 – No chewing gum or mints
Many dieters feel its okay to chew on a gum but no!!! it is quite strict but then no chewing gums or mints when you are on the hcg diet. The key reason is because the artificial sweeteners, flavors etc. can stall the hcg diet. If you feel the issue is of bad breath, there are peppermint stevia readily available. Place a drop or two on your tongue. Another alternative is to brush your teeth throughout the day.
Tip No.5 – Unapproved Brands Of Stevia
Stevia is currently a rage among many now but there are brands that are artificially made or contains synthetic chemicals that are a strict no-no on the hcg diet. For instance, Truvia, Stevia in the Raw, Puriva etc. are not allowed on the hcg diet. Sweetleaf is a brand that has been recommended in various hcg forums and blogs. It is a bit expensive but then this additional cost is worth when you are losing weight rapidly.
Tip No.6 – No carbonated beverages, packed juice or energy drinks
So basically apart from coffee, tea or water do not have anything. Make sure that you include only approved sweeteners when you are on the hcg diet.
- Sweet n low (artificial)
- HCG safe stevia (all-natural)
[ads “ad1” post_id=7003]
Tip No.7 – Variety the better
An easy way to kill the hcg diet is by eating the same food repeatedly. Soon you will lose your taste buds to the extent that you will completely stop the diet. There are thousands of hcg recipes that will not only improve your culinary skills but also satisfy your taste buds. So improvise the dishes and infuse creativity and taste to your hcg diet giving the body necessary nutrients as well.
[ads “ad4” post_id=7515]