One of the
As it is not a low-calorie food you need to consume it in the right measurement or it will backfire on you. But there are many dieters who love Quinoa rice because it can actually curb the appetite thereby cutting down your cravings. The key to proper weight loss is burning off more calories than you actually consume.
So how much calories does Quinoa has?
½ cup of Quinoa comes with 111 calories as to ½ cup of brown rice that comes with 109 calories.
Because of its high protein and fiber content, Quinoa rice makes you feel full even at lesser calories. This is beneficial especially when you are trying to lose weight. ½ cup of cooked Quinoa comes with 2.6 grams of fiber and 4.1 grams of protein as opposed to a half cup of white rice that comes with 0.3 gram of fiber and 2.2 grams of protein?
Quinoa is also loaded with a high amount of minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, folate, iron, zinc, potassium etc. with small amounts of vitamins. There are many benefits of Quinoa such as:
- Absolutely nutritious loaded with minerals
- Contains bioactive substances and flavonoids
- High fiber content
- Gluten free product
- High protein content with rich amino acids such as Lysine
- Low glycemic index (high glycemic index can contribute to obesity by triggering hunger and raising the blood sugar levels)
- Rich in minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and many more
- Increases your metabolism
- High in antioxidants
As said earlier, do not end up consuming too much of Quinoa. 4 cups of Quinoa comes with 888 calories which is half of 1200 calories weight loss plan. Take Quinoa in moderation and eat healthy veggies and fruits that can cut down your excess pounds within no time.
- Skinny Quinoa with black beans – http://skinnyms.com/skinny-quinoa-with-black-beans/
- Quinoa breakfast cereal – http://skinnyms.com/quinoa-breakfast-cereal/
- Quinoa almond joy bars – http://skinnyms.com/skinny-mini-desserts-quinoa-almond-joy-bars/
- Quinoa protein bars – http://skinnyms.com/quinoa-protein-bars/
- Quinoa banana berry smoothie – http://skinnyms.com/quinoa-banana-berry-smoothie/